Transfer Credit Evaluation
Students transferring credits to Mitchell Tech from other post-secondary institutions or high schools will be individually evaluated to determine courses needed to complete a diploma or degree. A transfer student may have previous coursework accepted to fulfill Mitchell Tech course and graduation requirements according to the following criteria:
- Official transcripts must be submitted for use in assessing courses and credits for transfer from accredited institutions.
- A grade of C or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) shall be required in each course accepted in transfer. The last grade earned will be the recorded grade. Transfer credits do not count toward a cumulative GPA. Courses in the major area of study completed more than seven (7) years previously may not be accepted for transfer. The grade recorded on the student’s academic record will be “CR” (credit).
- Technical related and general education courses shall be reviewed by the appropriate department(s) and the Registrar to determine course equivalence and acceptance. Courses outside of Mitchell Tech’s areas of study will not be accepted for transfer.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 credits of their coursework, including their final semester of a program, at Mitchell Tech to earn a degree or diploma.
- Students who choose to transfer articulated high school courses to Mitchell Tech should contact the Dean of Enrollment Services.
- To transfer credit, an Application for Admission must be on file and a student must have accepted status before credits will be transcribed.
- Non-credit courses from Mitchell Tech’s Corporate Education division may be considered toward meeting credit course requirements. Students requesting such credit transfers must present a certificate of completion to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs’ office at Mitchell Tech. The grade recorded on the student’s academic record will be “CR” (credit).